  From: Walid Nasri
  To: openssl-users@openssl.org
  Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 8:50 AM
  Subject: Openssl Configuration File

  Hello

  I installed OpenSSL on Windows

  I have Apache 2.2 WebServer

  I need to generate a certificate, in order to purchase certificate license
from CA

  when I use the openssl generate command:

  openssl genrsa -out mykey.key 1024

  I also tried:

  openssl genrsa -config openssl.cnf -out mykey.key 1024

  but I keep getting this error:

  WARNING: can't open config file: /usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf
  Generating RSA private key, 1024 bit long modulus
  ......++++++
  ..........++++++
  e is 65537 (0x10001)

  although I have Windows, the Openssl seems to see linux
(/usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf)

  I tried many ways in order to set the path of the conf file, but I failed

  any suggestions please??

  thanks for help

  --
  http://rappelz.gamepower7.com/index.php/ref?rid=636