Hi There,

I am completely new to open SSl and have hit a snag that I could use some
help with.
I am trying generate a CA and a signed self certificate for a netgear FXV538
VPN.
Using the following 3 commands listed in the instructions for the firewall
adding the approriate path names

1.openssl genrsa –des3 –out ca.key 1024
2.openssl req –new –x509 –days 365 –key ca.key –out ca.crt
3.openssl x509 –req –days 182 –in host.csr –CA ca.crt –CAkey ca.key
–Cacreateserial –out host.crt

I recive this error on processing the final command:
D:\OpenSSL\bin>openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in d:\cafiles\ca\.csr -CA
d:\cafiles\ca\ca.crt -CAkey d:\cafiles\ca\ca.key -out d:\cafiles\ca\VPN.crt
unknown option ûreq

I would appreciate a pointer as to what I have done wrong.