May be you should try to write an applet which generates a key pair and a
PKCS#10 request file which is send to a server delegated to certificate the
public key without direct access to a command interpreter this brings a
level of isolation of the private key. mmmm may be a active X with access to
a CSP but this constrains the app to windows (ugly thing).

--
"Hay que darle un sentido a la vida por el hecho mismo de que la vida carece
de sentido."