On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:49:54AM +0530, Vishal Rao wrote:

> Hello openssl-users,
>
> I am trying to have eNULL (null cipher) enabled while compiling
> openssl from source.

It is always enabled, no special compilation flags required.

> I finally just edited SSL_DEFAULT_CIPHER_LIST in ssl.h to get it working
> for me.
>
> Is there a more correct/direct way to get this enabled? What would be the
> correct configure/build options to enable the null cipher while compiling?

Applications have to enable NULL ciphers explicitly at runtime. Do not
recompile with a broken DEFAULT cipher list, just configure applications
that know what they are doing to use NULL ciphers by specifying a
suitable cipherlist.

--
        Viktor.