hi,

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org> wrote:
>> Which, if any/all, of the "Digital Signature, Non Repudiation, Key
>> Encipherment" KeyUsage specifications are required, if this cert will
>> be used ONLY for/by the OCSP responder daemon?
>>

> Well Key Encipherment is not required and there's the usual can of worms
> associated with the NR bit. I'd say just digital signature is sufficient.

Thanks.

Not sure what the "usual can of worms" refers to; worth a bit of
digging, I suppose.

Also, in an OCSP cert's 'type',

  nsCertType             = server, client, objsign

Is client really necessary?  Server & Objsign I can understand ... or,
is it similar to SMTP where there exist both server & client
components?

Cheers.