Without having checked, so caveat emptor:

0)
answer final question: MSVC200x should do okay, generically speaking.

1)
The @90 error reads as if a (IMO hacky) local LoadLibraryA prototype line
mismatches with the official one; remove the one at 90 in the openssl source
file dso_win32.c, I'd say.

2)
warning @262 and a check in the docs at
leads to the assumption that somehow you are compiling for a CE version <
3.0, or at least do not have the headers installed for that CE version.
(I did not look, but cf. docs the dso_win32.c should've #included
<winbase.h> either directly or indirectly. A quick tweak of the sourcecode
like this

#if !defined(A_DEFINE_SET_BY_WINDOWS_WINBASE_H)
#error winbase.h not included
#endif

and a recompile should give an answer regarding that one.)

I've not built OpenSSL for CE before so I can't tell from personal
experience, but the path forward would be either ensuring you're actually
building for CE >= 3.0 and having the correct devkit installed and headers
@included for that (chances are high you need to download that one at the
microsoft site and install it on your box), or see what must be edited in
dso_win32.c to make it build without the above error and warning for your CE
< 3.0 setup.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Harshvir Sidhu <hvssi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>     I was trying to build the openssl library with the Visual Studio 2005
> configurations for CE.
> I am getting bunch of errors, first it gave error for standart C string
> functions. I defined the macro _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS and it worked for
> that.
> Then i needed to define macro OPENSSL_SYSNAME_WIN32, as it was asking for
> strings.h file.
> Then i needed to disable /WX for Optiomization warning.
> Now i am getting eror
> dso_win32.c
> .\crypto\dso\dso_win32.c(90) : error C2373: 'LoadLibraryA' : redefinition;
> different type modifiers
>         C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winbase.h(5524) : see declaration of 'LoadLibraryA'
> .\crypto\dso\dso_win32.c(262) : warning C4013: 'GetProcAddressA' undefined;
> assuming extern returning int
> .\crypto\dso\dso_win32.c(262) : warning C4047: '=' : 'void *' differs in
> levels of indirection from 'int'
> .\crypto\dso\dso_win32.c(293) : warning C4047: '=' : 'void *' differs in
> levels of indirection from 'int'
> .\crypto\dso\dso_win32.c(832) : warning C4047: '=' : 'FARPROC' differs in
> levels of indirection from 'int'
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
>

> Just curious, is there some particular compiler needed for getting it
> compiled without Errors.
>
> // Harshvir

Ger Hobbelt

web:    http://www.hobbelt.com/