ASN.1 encoding will require much more than a simple sprintf.
If your resulting string is expected to be encoded in ASN.1, then there may be a problem there.
Pierre

Le 04/10/2010 22:02, irivas a écrit :
To further clarify:

The error is a result of a call to BIO_do_connect();
Prior to that call, I make a call to sprintf("%s:%d"); (no newlines
involved).

I'll try substituting the sprintf for a more ubiquitous process and let you
know. Any further ideas on the matter?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Pierre DELAAGE
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 3:25 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Hello!

I do not know anything about OpenVMS and Solaris,
BUT big endian / little endian and improper use of htons in YOUR software
could explain many things.

You should check also \r and \r \n issue, even if not reading any file,
because it may be in cause in "fprintf(fd, "xxxx \n");
\n being expanded differently on some platforms.

Hope this may help,
Pierre