Hi all,
I'm trying to successfully analyze and verify a p7m file with
countersignatures with OpenSSL 0.9.8o
I didn't find the right place\point where the pkcs7_verify function analyzes
the unauthenticated attributes for countersignatures so I started to write
the countersignatures verify function on my own following some hints that I
found in an old post.
Now I'm arrived at the point where I'm able to find any countersignature at
any level but I don't now how to verify them!
I mean, if I'm right I have to digest the countersignature parent's content
(signerinfo->enc_digest->data) with the same algorithm used for the
countersignature, and then compare it with the right digest present in the
countersignature (how?), but I don't know which are the right functions to
use to get the countersignature certificate, verify it and so on.
If I'm wrong and there is a function that does what I need, please show it
to me!!
All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,

Pietro