Sorry Luis,

I think shetty was asking if some unspecified part of OpenSSL can connect through a SOCKS proxy, not if OpenSSL can be used to implement a SOCKS proxy, nor if someone had created a special
SSL-encrypted SOCKS proxy.

As I don't know what part of OpenSSL he was asking about I have no idea what the answer should be.