The FIPS 140-2 validation effort for the OpenSSL FIPS Object Module 2.0
has reached an important milestone; we are now in the final phase of
this effort.  The formal submission prepared by the test lab has been
sent to the CMVP.  At this point we can only wait for their review and
action.  Our best estimate of the time this action will take is
approximately two months, though please note we have no control over
that process and little visibility into any changes in status over time.

The corresponding source distribution is:

http://opensslfoundation.com/testing/validation-2.0/source/openssl-fips-2.0rc1.tar.gz

Note some additional cosmetic changes will be made prior to the formal
validation award.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess