On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM, jeetendra gangele
<gangele...@gmail.com> wrote:
> U mean to say I can generate 64 bytes and then I can ignore last 8
> bytes? so I will get 56 bytes.
> This value then I have to use as secret key for ECDH
https://www.google.com/#q=truncated+hash

Be careful of ECDH because its anonymous or non-authenticated. NIST
Special Publication 800-56A, Recommendation for Pair-Wise Key
Establishment Schemes Using Discrete Logarithm Cryptography, might
help guide you.

Jeff