Hi All,

I'm having problem building on Mac OS X (2012 MBP, OS X 10.8, Xcode
4.5). The target is iOS, but this appears to be a host problem.

Apple lacks DTLS, STCP, and friends, so I needed to ./config with
-no-dtls. That required a `make depend` cycle.

`makedepend` is missing, so that resulted in an error:

openssl-1.0.1c jwalton$ make depend
making depend in crypto...
../util/domd: line 30: makedepend: command not found
mv: Makefile.new: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 127
make: *** [depend] Error 1

$ find /usr/ -name makedepend 2>/dev/null
$ find /bin/ -name makedepend 2>/dev/null
$ find /Applications/Xcode.app/ -name makedepend 2>/dev/null
$ man makedepend
No manual entry for makedepend

I fetched `makedepend` from FreeDesktop.org
(http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/util/). It would not
build due to missing dependencies. Ad infinitum.

INSTALL.MacOSX would be kind of funny if this wasn't a stopper for me :)

How are folks building on Mac OS X?

Jeff