I suspect you need a
export FIPS_SIG=<path to openssl-fips>/util/incore
which embeds the signature in libcrypto.

On 18/03/13 17:16, Abhijit Ray Chaudhury wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to cross compile FIPS compliant openssl module
(openssl-fips-ecp-2.0.2.tar.gz) for linux armv4 pratform :

I have used following script to setup the environment:
export MACHINE=armv4t
export RELEASE=2.6.23
export SYSTEM=Linux
export ARCH=arm
export CROSS_COMPILE="/opt/gccarm-4.1.2/bin/"
export HOSTCC=/usr/bin/gcc
./config -t
Operating system: armv4t-whatever-linux2
Auto Configuring fipsonly
Auto Configuring fipsonly
Configuring for linux-armv4
/usr/bin/perl ./Configure linux-armv4 -Wa,--noexecstack no-bf
no-camellia no-cast no-idea no-md2 no-md5 no-mdc2 no-rc2 no-rc4 no-rc5
no-ripemd no-seed
I could cross compile FIPS module to build cross compiled
fipscanister.o. Now I want to create libcrypto.so for arm which will
have incore fingerprint.

In openssl source tree if I mention the fipscanister directory it
builds libcrypto.a with embedded fipscanister.o. But while creating
libcrypto.so it tries to build fips_premain_dso which is unnecessary
for cross compilation scenario as it is a native binary just tries to
load libcrypto.so to verify signature embedding in libcrypto.so is
fine.

All I need is a signature embedded libcrypto.so.

Could you kindly help in this regard.

Thanks in Advance,
-Abhijit