The reason I want to put the public key into the header file is to
simply make it easier to use the software (you can do the public key
encryption of some data with only the binary file, not the binary and
another file).  Thus, I don't want to read a PEM file from the disk, but
rather from memory.

Thank you very much for your link for EVP_Seal*.  I'll have a look.