Hi All,

This is Anil. I have few questions related to AES encryption:

1. Does the size of encrypted data depends on the size of the plain
text(considering plain text <= block size) ?
     Ex: If AES-128 is used to encrypt the data , input_data = 10 bytes
input_data = 12 bytes
          Is it expected that encrypted data size is different in both the
cases ?
2. I am using the below mentioned api's  to encrypt plaintext. I provide 16
byte AES key, 16 byte chunks of the input (tot length 64 bytes padded with
zeroes if needed). Ideally the encrypted output len is 16 bytes for each
block of input.
In case of some inputs like (see below) the encrypted output is 13 bytes
instead of 16.

Input strings "ffffffff00000000000000000000" or
""ffffffffffffffffffff00000000". The same works fine for other string
patterns that match the same length like "aaaaaaaa000..."

Api's used <openssl/aes.h>
AES_encrypt(const unsigned char *in, unsigned char *out,  const AES_KEY
*key);
The AES_KEY used is 16 bytes and is set using AES_set_encrypt_key(const
unsigned char *userKey, const int bits,  AES_KEY *key);
Key used 0102030405060708090a0b0c0d0e0f1f

Is it expected ?