On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:33 AM, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org> wrote:
> Just tried it myself with Visual Studio 2012, nasm version 2.10.07 and it
> compiles with no problems for me. I also tried it without nasm (i.e. ml64) and
> that worked OK too.

Ok, this is very helpful to know that it is working for other people,
just not me.  Somehow I knew it couldn't be possible for no one else
in the whole world to not want this.

So I went back and tried to execute some steps manually.  Sure enough,
I can assemble the x86_64-gf2m no problem, both when set up with masm,
and when using nasm.

But when executed from my build script (a batch file), it runs into
problems.  Based on the type of error I see, my only logical
conclusion is that maybe the assembler is running too quickly after
the perl script, i.e., before it has flushed the .asm to disk?  Is
that possible?

Phillip