In a typical year the OpenSSL project receives about US$2000 in donations.

This week we have received roughly 200 donations totaling nearly
US$3000. Amounts have ranged between $0.02 and $300, and I notice that
some individuals have made multiple contributions.

For the larger donations and multiple contributors I like to send a
personal note in addition to the canned response message. I apologize
for not doing that this week due to the unusually large volume of E-mail
correspondence (donations and otherwise).

Please know that these contributions are greatly appreciated, as much
for the show of support as the monetary value. 100% of all donations
(minus the hefty PayPal fees) will go directly to OpenSSL team members.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.