> In addition to removing the very-weak (less than 70 bits security) ciphers
> from the default list,this would be a good opportunity to reorder the default

I'd prefer to wait until TLS 1.3 is implemented, which has some definite (and
rather strong :) feelings on the subject.  Doing things like putting PFS first
would greatly increase the computation load on servers and doesn't seem like
the right thing to do as a quiet change.  (But yes, moving RC4 down to LOW does
seem to me like the right thing to do. :)

> To protect from the known RC4 repeated-plaintext vulnerability, one might
> consider adding rate limiting to some SSL/TLS protocol steps whenever RC4 is
> actually used.

The TLS WG looked at adding arbitrary padding as a record type.  I hope it
comes back.  Maybe the fact that the next TLS WG interim meeting will be at
INRIA, home of the triple-handshake attack and the padding proposal, will have
some effect :)

--
Principal Security Engineer, Akamai Technologies
IM: rs...@jabber.me Twitter: RichSalz