On 03/16/2016 02:52 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
If I can ask.... as a user, if I say do this _all the time_, then
would it be easiest on you?

    make depend && make clean && make

Or is there something else you would recommend?

If it were up to _me_, I'd move to a cmake build system, with clear & completely documented params in config files.

Since that's not likely going to happen any time soon, if at all, to answer your question ... TBH, I don't really mind one way or the other.

Any working build process is frankly fine with me ... as long as it's consistently & thoroughly documented, and, if followed, doesn't generate K's of warnings/errors.

As far as not configuring because stddef.h, that sounds like a bug.

Which sounds like it will/should go away in 1.1.0, as the use of 'make depend' is going away?