hi!

I am using openssl-smime for signing outgoing messages and verifying incoming.
My question is about verifying.

If the partner signs a message where the certificate is included in the signature all is OK. If he signes only with issuer and serial included in the signature i get an error ("signer certificate not found").

If I parse the signature with openssl-asn1parse I can see the content of the signature. So I see whats included.

Do not know how to describe it in a better way. Is there a name for signatures with/without certificate-information?

How can I get the signature get verifyed if there is no certificate included in it?

Thanks for help!
Chris