I meant the easy way of replacing a shared lib (no need to be root):
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/modified/shared/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> my_tool

Am 20.06.2016 um 17:25 schrieb Ken Goldman:
Just one opinion: If your attacker can replace the libraries, they have root access. They can hook into the keyboard, replace your application, etc. If they have root access, you've already lost.

OTOH, static link means that your application won't automatically get security updates.