On 27/12/2016 09:15, mlrx wrote:
Le 21/12/2016 à 16:07, mlrx a écrit :
Hello,

I have two servers for testing purpose :
- debian 6, apache 2.2,   openssl 1.0.1t      (mutu)
- centos 7, apache 2.4.6, openssl 1.0.1e-fips (dedicated)

Now, these 2 serveurs offers only those ciphers :
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0xc030)
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 (0xc028)
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0xc014)

I have two goals. First, I would like to use at least secp384r1
and second (no problem), use an ECC certificate.

Is it possible to do it with CHACHA20-POLY1305 ?
Is it possible to use this cipher on those servers ?

openssl ciphers -V CHACHA20 return an error on each server.
I understand it's because there is no chacha20 cipher (?).

Why can I connect a server by SSH with chacha20-poly1...@openssh.com
and not using it with Apache ?

All advices are welcome :-).

Best regards,
Hello,
Is somebody could explain me the difference between a message who
received an answer and this one ?
What's wrong ? RTFM ?
Even though at least one SSH program (OpenSSH) uses the crypto functions
from the OpenSSL libcrypto, the SSH protocol is completely unrealted to
the SSL/TLS security protocol.

So the ability to use specific settings with SSH is almost completely
unrelated to the ability to use similarly named settings for SSL.

One major difference is that SSH identifies cryptographic suites by
strings that can easily be extended by organizations such as openssh.com.

In contrast, SSL/TLS identifies cryptographic suites by 16 bit numbers
specified in RFCs and listed in a table published by IANA/ICANN. Thus
for SSL/TLS libraries such as OpenSSL can really only provide choices
that were given an official number in an RFC and added to that table
as part of the RFC publishing process.

On top of that, the OpenSSL team has a policy of only implementing new
SSL/TLS cryptographic suites when the number part of the OpenSSL version
number changes.  Thus anything not included in the original OpenSSL
1.0.2 release will only be available in 1.1.0 or an even later release
(because they will not be making a 1.0.3 release).  Similarly anything
not in the original 1.1.0 release will only be in 1.2.0 or later
(assuming there is no 1.1.1 release).

Enjoy

Jakob