Benjamin/Matt,
Appreciate your tips and help so far.
Could you give me any pointers for placing my timestamps within the OpenSSl
code for right measurement for handshake. I am reading through the master
code. I think since in TLS 1.3 is session tickets are sent after handshake,
it would be ok to place a timestamp in the
*ossl_statem_server_pre_work *function
before *tls_finish_handshake* is called (This function is in state_srvr.c
which updates the stjatemachine I think). *It is only called for TLS 1.3*
*But I do not see any significant change when I put a timestamp here or at
the end of SSL_accept on my server application program.*
*Any help for the right location of time stamps will be appreciated.*

  *case* *TLS_ST_SW_SESSION_TICKET*:

        *if* (SSL_IS_TLS13(s)) {

            /*

             * Actually this is the end of the handshake, but we're going

             * straight into writing the session ticket out. So we finish
off

             * the handshake, but keep the various buffers active.

             */

/***************************End time
stamp*****************************************************/

        *struct* timespec end;

            *clock_gettime*(CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW, &end);

            uint64_t tempTimeEnd = end.tv_nsec / 1000;

            *printf*("Handshake End time : %llu \n", tempTimeEnd);

            *return* tls_finish_handshake(s, wst, 0);

        } *if* (SSL_IS_DTLS(s)) {

            /*

             * We're into the last flight. We don't retransmit the last
flight

             * unless we need to, so we don't use the timer

             */

            st->use_timer = 0;

        }

Thanks