On 05/31/2018 06:15 AM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> I expect there are still plenty of LTS RedHat systems that
> ship without EC support, though yes anything reasonably
> up to date, will have EC support.
AFAIR EC cipher suites were introduced in OpenSSL 1.0.0, so those LTS
systems must be using OpenSSL 0.9.x.  In 2018 this is asking for
trouble, and a clear evidence that they don't care about security...
> Ultimately of course up to you and your users, I think I've
> made my case as well as I could.  Good luck.
Indeed.  Thank you.  I highly appreciate your input.  Defining an
acceptable security margin for algorithms is tough, especially with QC
predictions in mind...

Best regards,
    Mike