Hello,

when upgrading to openssl3 my code states that some functions are deprecated in openssl 3, but even after reading documentation I was unable to find a non-deprecated replacement.

Task is to read DH parameters in PEM format from a file and use them for the current "context" and if not available choose some defaults.

if((bio = BIO_new_file("filename", "r")))
{
  DH *dh = PEM_read_bio_DHparams(bio, 0, 0, 0);
  BIO_free(bio);
  /* if no DH inside, try internal defaults */
  if(!dh && (bio = BIO_new_mem_buf(dhparam, sizeof(dhparam))))
  {
    dh = PEM_read_bio_DHparams(bio, 0, 0, 0);
    BIO_free(bio);
  }
  if(dh)
  {
    SSL_CTX_set_tmp_dh(context, dh);
    DH_free(dh);
  }
}

Now it seems the default can be replaced by

SSL_CTX_set_dh_auto(context, 1);

instead of the the internal values but I have no idea how to use OSSL_DECODER to get the parameters and pass them to context. The migrationg guide is really useless and the examples and the openssl source also didn't help much.

Anybody who can help me? It's probably only a few calls when one knows what to do.

Freedom in Peace
--
https://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)