Hi

Do we specify somewhere whether text field matching in the API is case
sensitive or in-sensitive?  I'm thinking about filters, as well as user and
domain names in authentication.  I think our current implementation will always
be case sensitive for filters  (since we do that in python and do not, yet,
pass the filters to the backends), while authentication will reflect the "case
sensitivity or lack thereof" of the underlying database.  I believe that MySQL
is case in-sensitive by default, while Postgres, sqllite and others are
case-sensitive by default.  If using an LDAP backend, then I think this is
case-sensitive.

The above seems to be inconsistent.  It might become even more so when we pass
the filters to the backend.  Given that other projects already pass filters to
the backend, we may also have inter-project inconsistencies that bleed through
to the user experience.  Should we make at least a recommendation that the
backend should case-sensitive (you can configure MySQL to be so)?  Insist on
it? Ignore it and keep things as they are?

Henry