On 10/11/2013 09:02 AM, Alessandro Pilotti wrote:
> OpenStack is organized differently: there are lots of separate projects
> (Nova, Neutrom, Glance, etc) instead of a single one (which is a good thing),
> but I believe that a similar approach can be applied. Specific contributors
> can be nominated "core rewievers" on specific directories in the tree only
> and that would scale immediately the core review bandwidth.
>
> As a practical example for Nova: in our case that would simply include the
> following subtrees: "nova/virt/hyperv" and "nova/tests/virt/hyperv". Other
> projects didn't hit the review bandwidth limits yet as heavily as Nova did,
> but the same concept could be applied everywhere.

If maintainers of a particular driver would prefer this sort of
autonomy, I'd rather look at creating new repositories.  I'm completely
open to going that route on a per-driver basis.  Thoughts?

For the main tree, I think we already do something like this in
practice.  Core reviewers look for feedback (+1/-1) from experts of that
code and take it heavily into account when doing the review.

--
Russell Bryant