On 9/21/2018 12:06 PM, John Griffith wrote:

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 11:00 AM Sean McGinnis <sean.mcgin...@gmx.com <mailto:sean.mcgin...@gmx.com>> wrote:

    On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 08:43:24PM -0500, Jay S Bryant wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > In the last year we have had some changes to Core team
    participation.  This
    > was a topic of discussion at the PTG in Denver last week.  Based
    on that
    > discussion I have reached out to John Griffith and Winston D
    (Huang Zhiteng)
    > and asked if they felt they could continue to be a part of the
    Core Team.
    > Both agreed that it was time to relinquish their titles.
    >
    > So, I am proposing to remove John Griffith and Winston D from
    Cinder Core.
    > If I hear no concerns with this plan in the next week I will
    remove them.

    > It is hard to remove people who have been so instrumental to the
    early days
    > of Cinder.  Your past contributions are greatly appreciated and
    the team
    > would be happy to have you back if circumstances every change.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Jay Bryant

    Really sad to see Winston go as he's been a long time member, but
    I think over
    the last several releases it's been obvious he's had other
    priorities to
    compete with. It would be great if that were to change some day.
    He's made a
    lot of great contributions to Cinder over the years.

    I'm a little reluctant to make any changes with John though. We've
    spoken
    briefly. He definitely is off to other things now, but with how
    deeply he has
    been involved up until recently with things like the multiattach
    implementation, replication, and other significant things, I would
    much rather
    have him around but less active than completely gone. Having a few
    good reviews
    is worth a lot.

    I would propose we hold off on changing John's status for at least
    a cycle. He
    has indicated to me he would be willing to devote a little time to
    still doing
    reviews as his time allows, and I would hate to lose out on his
    expertise on
    changes to some things. Maybe we can give it a little more time
    and see if his
    other demands keep him too busy to participate and reevaluate later?

    Sean

Hey Everyone,

Now that I'm settling in on my other things I think I can still contribute a bit to Cinder on my own time.  I'm still pretty fond of OpenStack and Cinder so would love the opportunity to give it a cycle to see if I can balance things and still be helpful.

Thanks,
John
Sean,

Thank you for your input on this and for following up with John.

John,

Glad that you are settling into your new position and think some time will free up for Cinder again.  I would be happy to have your continued input.

I am removing you from consideration for removal.

Jay
(jungleboyj)