Excerpts from Monty Taylor's message of 2014-02-05 14:57:33 -0800:
> On 01/27/2014 11:02 AM, Day, Phil wrote:

Indeed that is a known problem with Heat and one that has several
solutions. One simple solution is for Heat to simply update the nova
userdata, and for in-instance tools to just query ec2 metadata. The only
obstacle to that is that ec2 metadata is visible to non-privileged users
on the box without extra restrictions being applied.