On 26 Feb 2014, at 22:54, Dmitri Zimine <d...@stackstorm.com> wrote:

> Based on the terminology from [1], it's not part of the model, but the
> language that describes the model in the file.

Sorry, I’m having a hard time trying to understand this phrase :) What do you
mean by “model” here? And why should DSL be a part of the model?

> And theoretically this may be not the only language to express the workflow.

Sure, from that perspective, for example, JVM has many “DSLs”: Java, Scala,
Groovy etc.

> Once the file is parsed, we operate on model, not on the language.

How does it influence using term DSL? DSL is, in fact, a user interface. Model
is something we build inside a system to process DSL in a more convenient way.

> I am afraid we are breaking an abstraction when begin to call things
> DSLWorkbook or DSLWorkflow. What is the difference between Workbook and
> DSLWorkbook, and how DSL is relevant here?

Prefix “DSL” tells that this exactly matches the structure of an object
declared with using DSL. But, for example, a workbook in a database may have
(and it has) a different structure better suitable for storing it in a
relational model.
So I’m not sure what you mean by saying “we are breaking an abstraction” here.
What abstraction?