On 03/07/2014 07:28 AM, Anne Gentle wrote:

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:53 AM, Thierry Carrez <thie...@openstack.org <mailto:thie...@openstack.org>> wrote:

    Steven Dake wrote:
    > I'm a bit confused as well as to how a incubated project would be
    > differentiated from a integrated project in one program.  This
    may have
    > already been discussed by the TC.  For example, Red Hat doesn't
    > officially support incubated projects, but we officially support
    (with
    > our full sales/training/documentation/support/ plus a whole bunch of
    > other Red Hat internalisms) Integrated projects.  OpenStack
    vendors need
    > a way to let customers know (through an upstream page?) what a
    project
    > in a specific program's status is so we can appropriately set
    > expectations with the community and  customers.

    The reference list lives in the governance git repository:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/programs.yaml

A bit of metadata I'd like added to the programs.yaml file is which release the project was in what status, integrated or incubated. Shall I propose a patch?

Currently you have to look at italicizations on https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Programs to determine integrated/incubated but you can't really know what release.

Anne
Anne,

I think from a vendor POV, this makes great sense for OpenStack vendors to prevent a "the programs list says its integrated" when it wasn't in the particular version of OpenStack being used.

Regards
-steve

    --
    Thierry Carrez (ttx)