On 04/29/2014 02:16 AM, Zhangleiqiang (Trump) wrote:
Currently, Nova API achieve this feature based on the database’s REGEX
support. Do you have advice on alternative way to achieve it?

Hi Trump,

Unfortunately, REGEXP support in databases is almost always ridiculously slow compared to prefix searches (WHERE col LIKE 'foo%').

Lately, I've been considering that a true tagging system for Nova would allow for better-performing and more user-friendly search/winnow functions in the Nova API. I'll post a blueprint specification for this and hopefully have some time to implement in Juno...

Best,
-jay

zhangleiqiang (Trump)

Best Regards

*From:*laserjetyang [mailto:laserjety...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:49 PM
*To:* OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
*Subject:* Re: [openstack-dev] [Cinder] cinder not support query
volume/snapshot with regular expression

It looks to me the Nova API will be dangerous source of DoS attacks due
to the regexp?

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Duncan Thomas <duncan.tho...@gmail.com
<mailto:duncan.tho...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Regex matching in APIs can be a dangerous source of DoS attacks - see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReDoS. Unless this is mitigated sensibly,
I will continue to resist any cinder patch that adds them.

Glob matches might be safer?

On 26 April 2014 05:02, Zhangleiqiang (Trump) <zhangleiqi...@huawei.com