On 08/25/2014 01:25 PM, Joe Cropper wrote:
> I was thinking something simple such as only allowing the add operation to
> succeed IFF no policies are found to be in violation... and then nova
> wouldn't need to get into all the complexities you mention?

Even something like this is a lot more complicated than it sounds due to
the fact that several operations can be happening in parallel.  I think
we just need to draw a line for Nova that just doesn't include this
functionality.

> And remove would be fairly straightforward as well since no constraints would
> need to be checked.

Right, remove is straight forward, but seems a bit odd to have without
add.  I'm not sure there's much value to it.

--
Russell Bryant