On 1/5/2015 2:16 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

On Jan 5, 2015, at 12:22 PM, Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com> wrote:

On Jan 5, 2015, at 12:00 PM, Matt Riedemann <mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

There is a deprecation warning in pip 6.0.6 which is making the py26 (on stable
branches) and py27 jobs hit subunit log sizes of over 50 MB which makes the job
fail.

A logstash query shows this started happening around 1/3 which is when pip
6.0.6 was released. In Nova alone there are nearly 18 million hits of the
deprecation warning.

Should we temporarily block so that pip < 6.0.6?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1407736

I think this is actually a change in pkg_resources (in the setuptools dist)
[1], being triggered by stevedore using require=False to avoid checking
dependencies when plugins are loaded.

Doug

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/commits/b1c7a311fb8e167d026126f557f849450b859502

After some discussion with Jason Coombs and dstufft, a version of setuptools
with a split API to replace the deprecated option was released. I have a patch
up to teach stevedore about the new methods[1].

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145042/1

Matt Riedemann

The stevedore patch was merged. Do we need a release of stevedore and a global-requirements update to then get the deprecation warnings fixed in nova (on master and stable/juno)?

Matt Riedemann