On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 10:12:23AM -0700, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there has been anyone else who has used this flag with
> libguestfs (on RH 6.2) that has noticed file sync issues.
>
> force_raw_images=true
>
> I have been turning that to false so that images need not be expanded for
> actual usage (it seems this only affects the base images in _base) but when
> turning that to false and when file injection occurs, it seems that the files
> get written (I've added os.listdir and such for debugging) but when unmounted
> and later that image is started it seems like those files either do not get
> synced back to the image (I even added a manual 'sync' call) or there is some
> other corruption that happens that causes those images to not contain those
> files when started (for reference I am using qcow2 files).
>
> Has anyone else seen this type of issue?
> It seems when it is set to true it is not a problem, but when it isn't then
> some weirdness happens....

If you suspect a libguestfs issue, make sure that tracing and/or
debugging are enabled:

http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#how_do_i_debug_when_using_the_api

Padraig, can libguestfs debug output be captured and logged properly
by Openstack?  If not then we should add a way to do this.  Let's talk
about it tomorrow.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones