* Andreas Jaeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-07-05 09:09]:
> * Improve debuginfo packages
>
>   To get a complete stack trace, we need several debuginfo packages.
>   The simple idea would be to copy dependencies from the main package to
>   the debuginfo package.  But this would give too many dependencies
>   since it would lead to include always the gcc-debuginfo package
>   (currently 300 MB).
>
>   Another idea is to reduce the size of debuginfo packages and mark them
>   only for backtrace - with removing the source code.

But then I'd be for not removing  the source code debug packages but
split into -debuginfo and -debuginfo-source, for example.

However, why not copying just the dependencies with a few exception,
e.g. the gcc-debuginfo that you mentioned?

Thanks,
   Bernhard