SOTL wrote:
add wrote:

SOTL a écrit :

Quality in the commercial world is being able for an idiot to install the product and make it work.

I think you forget that Windows come installed _with the computer_ without anything to do with the user. installing W$ in a home made computer is often a much more tedious task than Linux

Lets see you pop the old recovery disk in and then add required programs like MS Office and that is called installing Windows to the average computer illiterate senior manager. Maybe not to people on this list but that is what these people call it and these are the idiots that have the power to decide who does and who does not work in their company which decides if the new office or company system will be Windows or Linux.

however, what we could do is a "work on openSUSE" logo (or simply list on the wiki all the hardware that works on openSUSE without problem)

why not a "openSUSE aware" sticker and wiki page for dealers adresses. The dealers able to sell a openSUSE box could write them on it

jdd

Sorry you have missed a very important point which I guess is my fault for not putting in capitals:

OpenSuSE is a down load hackers platform put together by technical professional for technical professional and as such does not contain all programs necessary to run all computers.

SuSE is a completely different world. It is commercial software sold to technical illiterates including very senior corporate management which make decisions of the type the new corporate computer system will be Windows because I purchased one of those damn SuSE box distribution sets and it crashed my computer causing me to have to take my computer to a computer shop which took 2 weeks which cost the company 1 million US dollars and almost got me fired. Fortunately I was able to convene the Senior VP that my computer crashed cause my dog pissed on it. I am damn mad and I will fire anyone who even suggest that trash is usable trash. Not in my division. Get Microsoft and get it installed correctly because it work and that Linux trash does not.

Troll!! And stupid.

Fred