On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 10:03 +0000, Bob Williams wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a Creative USB Webcam Live! I've installed Camelot 0.3.5
> but when I open it I get an error message saying
>
> Initializing Video4Linux input failed: Cannot open device /dev/video0: No
> such
> file or directory
>
> which is indeed true. Problem, how can I get the software and hardware to see
> each other?
> --
> Bob
>
> SuSE Linux 10.2, KDE 3.5.5

Some debug info would be great - try looking at /var/log/messages when
connecting/disconnecting the cam.
Post the results.
Also take a look at http://opensource.creative.com/webcam.html
It seems that you will need the spca5xx driver (not included on std
openSUSE distro, I compiled it myself, works ok but contrast issues with
my logitech)

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm