Fredag 23 marts 2007 19:46 kvad John Andersen:
> On Friday 23 March 2007, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 05:43:27PM +0100, Johnny Ernst Nielsen
wrote:
> > > Fredag 23 marts 2007 17:30 kvad Carlos E. R.:

> > > The permissions for the directory /root
> > > I have set it to be viewable by all.
> > > Every time YOU runs it resets the permissions so that only root
> > > can view the directory.
> >
> > Check out the entry for /root in /etc/permissions. (It's not YOU
> > that resets the permissions, but SuSEconfig). I think you can
> > overwrite this entry with a custom entry in the
> > /etc/permissions.local file.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Michael
>
> I'm amazed at Michael's ability to hand out this information
> (apparently with a straight face) to a user who didn't know how
> to do this (suggestive of someone fairly new to linux), without
> even once pointing out what a dumb idea this is.

Dumber than critisising a working solution without suggesting a better
solution nor explaining why the working solution is dumb?

(This is where you have your chance to explain why Michael's solution
is "dumb", AND present a better solution -- don't miss that chance)

Johnny
(The original poster)