On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 14:14 +0100, Russell Jones wrote:
> Ciro Iriarte wrote:
> > Anybody has this problem?, i can't boot a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Wifi
> > disabled (Fn+F2), the boot process just hangs on some point. But if i
> > reenable the wifi card and reset the laptop it just boots fine,
> > weird....
> What stage(s) in the boot process does the hang occur (what was the last
> message displayed?). What happens if you press ctrl+C at that point?

Is the wireless device ipw3945?
If so, I have the same issue with Dell Lat D820.
No solution yet? Awaiting new ipw3945 src - seems that when the wireless
killswitch is enabled the module wont stand up properly.

To see if it this is the problem, try renaming the ipw3945.ko file
in /lib/modules/<ver>/updates (or where ever its located on your system)
Then reboot.

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm