Kevin Valko wrote:
On Monday 28 January 2008 09:12:51 am PerfectReign wrote:
http://trolltech.com/company/newsroom/announcements/press.2008-01-28.460571
8236

Interesting news about this. Not sure if openSUSE will
>> be affected at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if they
>> change the licensing in some way.

They've already said they intend to maintain the
> dual-license strategy, and that they intend to permit
> Trolltech to operate in much it's current structure,
> rather than be absorbed into the Nokia fold.

They intend to leverage Qt as cross-platform framework
> across desktop and mobile devices, and they've stated
> that they'll be further investing in KDE as well.
> Nokia is an organization that does not shy away from
> investing resources in R&D, even if they occassionally
> stumble on their go-to-market strategies.

Obviously it's too soon to see how things will shakeout,
> the deal hasn't even gone through yet, but I think it's
> a good thing for desktop linux in general, for KDE
> specifically, and hence openSUSE.

And probably future Nokia<-->Linux interoperability!