Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> Your problem is that you failed to make a /home partition,
> and your personal files have filled up the root partition.

I don't know if it would help in this situation at all, but I found my
server filling up for no good reason I could think of.  Then I happened
to look at my /tmp directory, and was amazed at what all was there.
Don't applications that create temp files ever clean up after themselves
anymore?

I changed to runlevel 1 to make the file system as quiet as possible,
removed /tmp/* and /tmp/.*, and gained 112 GB of space.