On Jan 30, 2008 1:08 PM, steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marc Chamberlin wrote:
>

> | So I am lost and confused... Can anyone offer me advise on how to get
> | this stubborn boot loader to do what I want it to? (That is to allow me
> | to boot up my new second Win XP?) I REALLY do NOT want to have to
> | reinstall SuSE as that would be a LOT of work for me!!!
> |
> |   Marc...

 Is grub the problem, or XP? In other words is grub passing correctly
to XP, but the XP boot process is failing? If you have installed XP
onto the first disk, that is where it expects to find it. When you
move it to the second disk, as far as XP is concerned, in its own
boot.ini file, it still tries to boot the 1st disk. I forget the
actual config in boot.ini, but a bit of trial and error should fix
it...
For example the following entries (out of boot.ini):

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

will boot the second partition off the first drive.
(I believe disks count from 0 and partitions count from 1)
This may fix your prob.