> Folks,
>
> your discussion about having a separate implementation of a
> functionality for JSP and for Velocity motivated me to speak
> up. May I suggest that you take a peek at the new 2.2 version
> of FreeMarker (http://www.freemarker.org). FreeMarker is a
> template engine, but one that allows you to use JSP taglibs
> inside the templates. If you'd adopt it as another supported
> view in WebWork, you'd have a template engine view layer that
> could utilize all of OpenSymphony's JSP tag libraries without
> any extra coding or writing separate implementations. BTW, I
> consider OpenSymphony's JSP tag libraries a great piece of
> work; OSCache was my original motivation for writing
> FreeMarker's JSP taglib support. Few months ago I thought
> about adding support for OSCache into FreeMarker because I
> found OSCache cool, but after some thinking I instead decided
> to write a generic JSP taglib support. I know of people that
> are now writing SiteMesh decorators in a FreeMarker template.
>
> Cheers,
>  Attila.

Let me turn this around on you :-)

Please add Freemarker as another view technology for Webwork, and we'll
welcome you with open arms! Unless one of the Webwork developers is
using Freemarker, you're unlikely to get us to spend time to make it
work, but we welcome choices, so please add Freemarker as another view
choice for Webwork.

Thanks,

Jason