--- Rickard_Öberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Konstantin Priblouda wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I tried to get map of values stored in
> > HttpSession by calling  ActionContext.getSession()
> >
> > Docs state that it shall return map of values in
> > actual HttpSession while in servlet environment,
> and
> > just a map
> > ( global one? ) if called elsewhere.
> >
> > I used it from JPS , and different documents got
> > different maps from action context.
>
> Using the ActionContext is only valid from within an
> action (i.e. after
> a dispatcher has set it up properly). If you are
> accessing it from a
> page that has not previously executed then you will
> get the wrong answer.
>
> Is this your case?

Yep. I have to live with frameset, and on couple the
first executions of various jsps it delivers different
objects. But then it stabilizes...
Kind of weird.

I think I will provide 2 methods for my factory:
from jsp feed it with session and extract  object from
t here and fromj action just ask ActionContext
for object with the same key.

Is there a better ( servlet agnostic? more webworky? )
way to obtain global object from web application?

regards,

=====
Konstantin Priblouda ( ko5tik )    Freelance Software developer
< http://www.pribluda.de > < play java games -> http://www.yook.de >
< render charts online -> http://www.pribluda.de/povray/ >