1. using the ActionContext.setContext():

I have not personally used the ActionContext in testing actions, but I would
imagine that if it works for one Action it should work all the time.  What you
need to ask yourself is if the value in the ActionContext are correctly set for
all the actions, and if not initialize the map correctly in the setUp() of the
individual JUnit tests.  Instead of using
ActionContext.setApplication(Context.getApplicationMap()) simply create your own
Map and add only the parameters you need.

2. ResourceBundles:

I do not believe that this is an Action level test.  To test i18n correctly, you
would want to test that the entire presentation layer behaves correctly.  So, I
would use a UI testing tool to exercise the static and dynamic content at the
same time - which would need to be done with the container running.

/Ian

--
>From Down & Around, Inc.
Innovative IT solutions
Software Architecture * Design * Development
web:    www.fdar.com
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone:  617.821.5430