From: Kees Jongenburger <kees.jongenbur...@gmail.com>
To: Malcomix <malco...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "opentom@lists.gnumonks.org" <opentom@lists.gnumonks.org>
Sent: Monday, 14 November 2011, 12:38
Subject: Re: [OpenTom] TomTom's LIVE connection

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Malcomix <malco...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I wonder if anyone had any luck in using TomTom's LIVE gprs connection
as a
> mean to get to the Internet. A very interesting use could be tracking
> TomTom's position by sending updates to a remote server, or polling
them
> directly from TomTom's gps device.

There have been some people using ip over dns to bypass applied
restrictions on the network but AFKAI this is no longer possible.
Unless you are willing to hack around and replace the SIM card you
should consider it illegitimate to use this connection for your own
purposes.

With the zillion (GPS enabled) smart phones on the market I also
wonder if anybody is still interested in doing such things on a TomTom

Greetings