> # openvas-nvt-sync
> OpenVAS NVT Sync $
>
> Configured NVT Feed: rsync://rsync.openvas.org:/nvt-feed
> Synchronized into: /usr/lib/openvas/plugins
>
> Searching for required system tools ...
> Synchonizing NVTs via RSYNC ...
> rsync: failed to connect to rsync.openvas.org: Connection timed out (110)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
> [receiver=3.0.2]
> Error: rsync failed. Your NVT collection might be broken now.
> Note: I´m behind a webproxy. is there I file similar to that one in
> nessus --> nessus-fetch.rc --> here i´m able to set my proxy-settings.

OpenVAS is using rsync for syncing. That means you can setup proxy for
rsync through RSYNC_PROXY enviroment variable.

Here's the part of "man rsync":
"...You may establish the connection via a web proxy by setting  the
environment  variable  RSYNC_PROXY to a hostname:port pair pointing to
your web proxy.  Note that your web proxy’s configuration must support
proxy connections to port 873..."

Hope it helps,

Kost