On 20/02/17 14:03, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 09:53:02PM +0100, David Sommerseth wrote:
>> This tool depends on a cloned upstream LZ4 git repository and a
>> checked out release tag.  Then run the script like this:
>>
>>    $ ./dev-tools/lz4-rebaser.sh /path/to/lz4.git
>>
>> To see the result before committing, use: git diff --cached
>
> All willing to give this an ACK, alas, it's penguin-tainted :-) - read,
> won't work with a FreeBSD sed.
>
>> +#ifdef NEED_COMPAT_LZ4
>> +EOF
>> +    sed '/"lz4\.h"/s/\(#include "\)lz4\.h\("\+\)/\1compat-lz4.h\2/' "$LZ4_C"
>> +cat <<EOF
>
> Not sure why this is not working here, but it looks like having too
> much bells and whistles :-9 - I replaced this with
>
>        sed 's/\"lz4\.h\"/\"compat-lz4.h"/' "$LZ4_C"
>
> and ran it against a local copy of lz4 v131, and that produced the
> expected result - no significant changes to compat-lz4.c/compat-lz4.h
> (the "#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H" block moves to the top of the file, but
> that is purely cosmetic - the block itself is fine)

I /did/ consider to do some clever sed hacks here too ... but I wasn't
in mood for that complexity, and I actually feared how *BSD would
explode in my face :)  But as it turned out, the BSD explosion trigger
was even lower than that ....... ;-)

> So, any objections against the much simpler sed command there?  "lz4.h"
> with double quotes never shows up elsewhere in the file today - and
> when importing, we need to run a compile test anyway, so if it should
> ever garble the .c file, we fix the script...

This is purely my "match a precise as possible" approach I default to.
I have no issues making this simpler if that is what is required.

New patch or fix at commit time?

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth