Hi,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 01:12:30PM +0100, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> Ideally a GET_PEER command is pretty standard and can also be used for
> any kind of state inspection (i.e. even for 'debugging', although it's
> not the primary usage)
[..]
> Like I said above, being this an API imho it is important to implement
> it in a way that can serve a reasonably broad set of use cases. (OpenVPN
> is the only user now, but may not be the case later)

I think there is nothing that stops us from doing GET_PEER on Linux,
if that's already there and a proper "people agree that this is the way"
API, and using the API we have for FreeBSD for the time being.

The Linux counter support patch might want rename the OS-independent
functions accordingly then :-)